Saturday, April 20, 2013

HELLO SUMMER! (well, almost.)

Not quite, but I can so wish.
Actually in Calgary today - we're expecting some flurries... BRR!

Anyway - I'm sooo excited about the latest kit from SVG Cuts -
and I just had to make something right away!

Picnic basket (so excited about this one, too!), a gift bag, amazing cards ... and a rowboat.
A ROWBOAT? 
Well, wouldn't that have been a super amazing file to have when I was working on my pirate ship!

Anyway - I've always wanted to make a little SAILBOAT.
It just sounded so cute and would be something that my son would LOVE to see me make!

So... late last night,
I had the opportunity to play and made a little decor for his room.

Ta-da!

 photo DSC_1172_zps8546a4db.jpg

Do you like?

I used the Echo Park Paper Paradise Beach collection,
(I've been waiting for the perfect kit to come out, and I knew that this was the one!)

 photo DSC_1168_zps5d1fd905.jpg

The rowboat file was made without any alteration or resizing,
except that I added a 'sail' with canvas, eyelets, wooden dowel and wire.
I just cut the fabric by hand -
measuring roughly 2" by 3" for the smaller one,
and 3" by 3" for the larger sail.

Then I was stumped.
How was I going to hold this wooden dowel into place without falling?
I then came up with the perfect solution!

I inserted my dowel into a wooden spool from Maya Road!
I was able to achieve this without it looking tacky...
Other options would've been to stick into a styrofoam?
Play-doh? Make a little box with holes just to hold it?
Nah.

Wooden spool was perfecto!

 photo DSC_1157_zps27378696.jpg

(I just love that added sandals stickers inside the boat!
Wish they were my sandals... would love to be in the sun)

The bottom base box was the box from here,
but you can pretty much use anything.
(I guess it would be practical to actually make a box that you can use as a gift,
but for this project - just wanted it to be a decor :)

 photo DSC_1152_zps666fd0a1.jpg

I needed to add my fave jute twine somewhere in the project... :)

 photo DSC_1167_zps6a109829.jpg

Using embellishment stickers are so much fun -
they all match with the collection, and everything just looks so cute!
I added some foam stickers to made the elements stand out :)

Anyway - hope you liked my quick project for today!

This is a super fun kit to play with -
and why not get it when it's the free gift of the week!

 Coupon: FREEGIFT
and with purchase of $9.98 or more!

 photo newkitboat_zpsd36bba59.jpg

Have a beautiful weekend everyone!
May you get more sun than I do!


5 comments:

  1. You are always amazingly creative, Thienly!

    Hugs,

    Carmen L

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, my dear, are too awesome! This si so creative... and loving those EP papers on it.. PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if I could leave a comment for once without a typo, that would be great! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.
    global importers directory

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails